Monday, August 4, 2008

#8 - Seeing my Alma Mater in the news

So depending on which day you have checked the news, the Mars Phoenix Lander has either found life on Mars, rocket fuel on Mars, or toxic chemicals on Mars. The semantics are unimportant, just as are the implications of life on another planet. What gets me excited is hearing about UofA in the news, every single day. And look! It's not just for interplanetary exploration!

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/08/air-force-wants.html

Now I'll be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of the engineering program at Arizona while I was there. Some of my professors were jerks. But they are jerks who make the news. I guess that's what it takes to be the #1 recipient of NASA grant money. So not only do we send a spaceship to Mars, but we're making a holodeck for the Air Force. Awesome. What did your school do today?

No comments: